Sunday 31 July 2022

AUGUST 2022

These are my footprints.  At first I thought there was an invisible canine friend following me everywhere.   Each time I turned around he disappeared!  Couldn’t make it out!  I became quite excited thinking I had a secret playmate.  My other ephemeral playmate  is also apparent in this picture……he only shows himself when the sun comes out, always darker than me and just as jumpy and playful but I could never catch him no matter how hard I twisted and turned and pounced on him.  

The Mrs tried to explain that it was my shadow and only showed up when the sun shone…. the opposite of the paw prints…. they only appear when I have wet feet and disappear very quickly when the sun shines.  They are also non-existent in wet weather, indistinguishable from the rest of the wetness. 

I got the picture in the end and now rely on the Mrs and the Boss to play with me.  I also love to be entertained by the miniatures, although the Mrs says time flies and they are growing fast and are not really miniature any more but they still love to play with me and are hugely entertaining.

Regarding wet paw prints the Mrs tried training me to wipe my feet on the mat but then when I found out I could swim the feet wiping went by the board as the whole wet body towelling came into being.  Despite me trying to help by holding the towel in my teeth this is apparently not helpful and the Boss usually has to intervene with stern warnings to sit still.  I love swimming and the vigorous towelling afterwards makes up for the fact that I actually have no imaginary friends ……… just lots of real ones.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEBRUARY 2024

I’ve been given the third degree…..the Mrs said…look into my eyes and tell me the truth:  Was it you? Have you been digging in the front law...