Wednesday 31 January 2024

DECEMBER/JANUARY 2024

Happy New Year to you all.  I hope you had a drier Christmas than me?  It was very foggy and wet where I was for the holidays.  Not that it really worries me as I have a warm furry rain coat continually around me.  Sadly, although poor deflated Teddy has a fur coat, he has no insides and no raincoat so if left forgotten in the garden he often gets very soggy. That doesnt stop me from bringing him inside to dry off much to the Mrs irritation.  She is quite happy for me to play with him when he is dry but when wet she is not happy for him to accompany me indoors.  The Boss does not mind what state Teddy is in but then as the Mrs says he doesnt do the housework.  Its all very well having wet Teddy in the back of the Bosss chariot but that is the only place that he is allowed in doors until he is dry Teddy that is, not the Boss!.

 I had a very special second birthday during the festive season holiday away, when I inadvertently received two great gifts.  This came about because the Boss, being a dedicated carnivore, thought he had selected a haunch of venison for his Christmas dinner.  The Mrs defrosted and unpacked to prepare for the cooking and remarked how thoughtful the Boss had been in packing two legs together.   In an instant the Boss seemed to shrink and gulp and rushed to inspect the joint.  Aghast he deflated, realising his Christmas dinner would not turn out to be the magnificent feast he had hoped.  He had inadvertently picked up a package containing two front legs instead of one haunch which meant that the Boss and the Mrs just about managed to get a meagre scraping of meat on their plates for their Christmas dinner while I reveled in the fact that I would have a large bone for my Christmas dinner and also one for my Birthday celebrations!!..... 

 After a lecture from the Mrs regarding labeling and reading, the Boss apologised and commented that at least the dog was happy and the Christmas pudding almost made up for it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

MARCH 2024

On account of me being a good boy and not digging up the front lawn, telling the truth and not complaining about the Boss selling my transpo...