Monday 31 October 2022

NOVEMBER 2022

I am guarding my ice cream cone.  I live in hope that one day it may well produce some tasty ice cream with a nice crisp biscuit cone but something tells me it will never happen.  This was a present from the Miniatures when I was a baby and was filled with frozen water to soothe my teething.  The Mrs has long since stopped filling it with frozen water and just lets me play with it empty.  It is one of the few things I treasure and have not chewed to destruction.

I have yet to learn how to share my toys….the Boss is teaching me to fetch vermin he has shot and I don’t mind giving that up as he seemed incredibly pleased with me when I recently retrieved and gave give him the pigeon he had shot.  I am not old enough yet to attend his game shoots as I get very excited when I meet other dogs and people and until I calm down a bit he says I am not in the right frame of mind to completely obey his commands or the commands of the Mrs.  I am still learning the correct etiquette when exposed to social situations but it is very hard when all I want to do is play.

The Mrs refuses to play fetch with me if I will not give up the ball – I must learn to share.  The Miniatures recently gave me a large round ball with two handles sticking out either side.  This was to instigate a pulling game but I found it a bit annoying as I couldn’t get the ball in my mouth so one evening when the Boss was engrossed in his ball playing sports on the TV and the Mrs was rolling her eyes ignoring the sport preferring to read her book, I chewed off the two handles so I could get the ball into my mouth easily.    I immediately took it to the Mrs to play.  She looked confused, not recognising my toy but then she spotted bits of red rubber all over the floor.  My plan to show I was learning to share backfired badly as she was very cross about what she considered to be a ruined toy despite my obvious joy in now being able to get the whole ball into my mouth.

The Boss was sympathetic as the ball was confiscated, the mess on the floor swept up and I was put to bed.   I will stick to ice cream in future. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEBRUARY 2024

I’ve been given the third degree…..the Mrs said…look into my eyes and tell me the truth:  Was it you? Have you been digging in the front law...