Monday, 31 August 2026

JULY 2026

Please, please can we go to the lake so that I can jump in and swim around in the water to cool off and fetch branches out for you????

As you have probably already guessed, this is my pleading look, chin resting on the arm of the Bosses chair, ears flat and soppy looking, eyes big and staring straight into his eyes…….

I can maintain this look for quite a long time – long enough for the Boss to feel guilty that he he’s been dozing while I’ve been patiently waiting for signs of life.  The moment he stirs, I activate the full-strength stare, willing him to give in and take me swimming.

Occasionally my technique fails and I have to appeal to the Mrs in a similar manner which usually elicits a response such as “your dog wants to go for a walk, probably to the lake”.   Eventually one of them cracks and I get taken to the lake where I can dive in and swim around to cool off and play.  The only trouble is the Boss then gets involved in untangling all his fishing gear and dangling it into the water, in which case I am banned from swimming near him and have to remain clear of his rods. It’s a fishy business so I paddle around the other side of the lake and test out the theory that I can catch a carp faster than he can………

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

AUGUST/SEPTEMBER

Here I stand — or rather, sit — Sentinel. Much like the Egyptian Sphinx, I guard the citadel, ensuring my master and the Mrs are safe whil...