Thursday 31 August 2023

August 2023

The Launch.....I like to make as big a splash as I can so I take a running jump and launch myself in as far out as possible to show off my dynamic entry into the water.  I have been instructed to fetch a stick that they wish me to retrieve, which the Boss or the Mrs plus any companions along for the show have kindly thrown into the water.  

The Mrs calls my launch a belly flop but I like to think of it as canine controlled lift off!
Once the splash has settled and my head is above the surface I set out doing doggie paddle with my paws splayed out making the most of the webbing between my toes to achieve a fast canine crawl. With the stick securely lodged between my teeth I return to the bank.  This is usually accompanied with a certain amount of snorting to clear the water from my nose and throat as I carry the stick in my mouth.  As I climb out onto the bank and offer the stick up for a repeat exercise my praise for the successful retrieval is tempered by screams of anguish as I blink the water from my eyes and remove the excess from my coat by executing a full body shake from my head to the tip of my tail.  Instead of admiring my swimming technique, stick retrieval and water ejection the miniatures scream and the adults run away. Honestly,  there is no pleasing some people!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

MARCH 2024

On account of me being a good boy and not digging up the front lawn, telling the truth and not complaining about the Boss selling my transpo...