Tuesday 31 January 2023

FEBRUARY 2023

I am waiting patiently for someone to play with me, trying to appear nonchalant as if I am not worried either way but, believe me, I will be ready in an instant, perfectly balanced to react to the slightest movement which may result in a good game.  The Mrs tiptoes carefully around me but I am keeping an eye on her.  The Boss ignores me as he has more important things on his mind.  I check to see if he is dressed in green or camouflage which means a really good day out when work is far more interesting than play but alas he is in his overalls which mean tinkering in the garage where I am allowed to watch but not help.  That leaves the Mrs and she is still pretending to ignore me but I know her game she will suddenly swoop in and snatch my teething ring with a view to throwing it as far as she can so I can retrieve it for her to throw again...and againand again.

Rest assured I will never tire of this game but she often does.  I live in hope that one day she will meet my exacting standards but exercise is not her favourite pastime, she is more into wielding brushes and sitting and gazing at the view to replicate it on paper, whereas I would prefer to run all over the countryside, sniffing, rolling, fetching and retrieving with the wind lifting my ears and if there is a bit of water around thats all the better Im in and splashing about.  Its a dogs life but someone has to live it!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

MARCH 2024

On account of me being a good boy and not digging up the front lawn, telling the truth and not complaining about the Boss selling my transpo...